The weather is warming up and you are not very sure if your air conditioning is performing up to the mark. It did perform well last Summer but if it is not performing the same this year, it could be time for a maintenance call. Do not overlook something simply because it could lead to performance decline and can increase your expenditure in the long run. Here are a few signs your air conditioner needs servicing.
- Air is not blowing cold: If the air being circulated from your air conditioner is not as cold as it used to be, the system is working overtime to keep the temperature comfortable. It could be due to a number of causes which include condenser issues, leaking, duct leakage and more.
- Air quality is poor: If you notice that the quality of air has dropped, there could be a problem in the fan. The fan is responsible for pushing the cool air through the ductwork. The fan could succumb to issues which can lead to a reduction in airflow ranging from the bad blower motor, dirty air filter, and a faulty fan control board. In such situations, it is advisable to get the air conditioner serviced from professionals at Zipf-Air. Regular service and maintenance will not only improve air quality but will increase the life of the unit.
- Accumulation of water in strange places: An air conditioner system is designed to remain dry at all times otherwise there could be mold in the system. If there is a leak in the unit, it could be due to a broken or blocked a drain and it needs your immediate attention.
- Bizarre sounds: All air conditioner systems are designed to run quietly. If there is a louder than normal operation like banging or grinding noises, it means something is wrong in the unit. It could be broken components or debris. If strange sounds occur, you need to get it checked in order to avoid further damage.
- Unpleasant smells: There could be a number of issues that result in funky smells. It could range from a burned out wire insulation, mold growth or a press infiltration. It is important to tend to these issues in order to ensure the health of your family.
- Thermostat issues: Many times, the air conditioner system is not a problem but it is the thermostat. Some signs could be obvious while many will not be. Only a professional can help you identify if the thermostat has a technical glitch.
- High cooling bills: If the air conditioner was performing well last year but the bills have recently gone high, it is an indication that the system needs to be looked into.
Some of the most common problems can become huge if you neglect it for a long time to come. Freezing up, poor airflow, uneven cooling, and high utility bills are signs of trouble in your air conditioner unit. It is important to get the unit serviced twice a year in order to enjoy cool and clean air throughout the year.